IMPORTANT – USE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DIRECTORS, PARTNERS OR OWNERS
Your directors, shareholders of 25% or more, partners or any of your owners who are individuals rather than companies, together with any individual involved in providing a Guarantee or Indemnity, have a right to know how we will use personal information about them. It is important that each relevant individual is made aware of the matters referred to below.
Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
In considering applications we will search their record with our credit reference agency or agencies. They will add to their record details of our search. This will be seen by other organisations that make searches with such agency to:
* help make decisions about credit and credit related services, for the individuals and members of their households;
* trace debtors, recover debt, prevent money laundering and fraud;
* manage accounts.
The credit reference agency will also use the records for statistical analysis about credit. We will also check their identity with our credit reference agency to prevent money laundering unless we are provided with satisfactory proof of identity.
Full details of the use of information by credit reference agencies can be found at:-
It is important that you always give us accurate information. We may at any time search your record with our fraud prevention agency. If at any time you give us or procure the giving of false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud we will record this. Our fraud prevention agency will use information recorded for statistical analysis about fraud and will also share it with other organisations to:
* help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and claims by you, members of your household or any other businesses associated with you;
* prevent fraud.
Other uses of Information
Information about the individuals will be used by us to decide whether and upon what terms to enter into an Agreement with your organisation. It will also be used by us for training purposes, credit or financial assessment, market and product analysis, market research and preparing statistics.
Information about you will also be used so that we can develop, improve and market our services to you and other clients and to protect our interests (including establishing credit limits for the benefit of other clients or obtaining settlement of any liability of yours to us). You agree that in future we may use some or all of the information to be held about you (from wherever obtained) to decide whether to continue with an Agreement or to vary its terms.
We will tell you if we make a significant decision about you solely using an automatic decision making process, such as credit scoring. If your request is refused you can then request a review by us of the decision using other means.
We may also give information about the individuals and the facility to:
* businesses who provide insurance services to us – to quote for and issue any policy and deal with any claims;
* any proposed guarantor or indemnifier of the prospective client’s obligations to us – so they can decide whether to proceed;
* any bankers or adviser acting on our, your or their, behalf – so they can carry out their services to us, you or them;
* any business providing a similar service to ours to whom you may wish to transfer - to facilitate such transfer;
* any business to whom we may wish to transfer the debts – to facilitate such transfer;
* anyone else to whom we transfer our rights or duties under an Agreement – so they can comply with or enforce the Agreement;
* other organisations – so they can assess applications by you for credit or financial services;
* other organisations providing us with finance.
For training and/or security purposes your phone calls to us may be monitored and/or recorded.
Basis for Processing
We consider that our processing of personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests in assessing applications and operating Agreements. It is a requirement of entering into an Agreement.
We normally retain personal information for a period of 12 months from receipt for an enquiry which does not result in an Agreement, and where an Agreement is made, for a period of 6 years after its termination.
Your right to object
You have a right to object to our processing your information on grounds relating to your particular situation.
Your other rights
You may wish us to amend or delete information we hold, and you have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal information or restriction of its processing.
You also have a right to complain about our use of your information to our supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We would like to mail you information about products, services and topical information that we think would be of interest to you.
You have the right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you or processing your information for marketing purposes.
How to contact us
Each relevant individual can telephone our Data Protection Compliance Officer on 01491 824993 if they want to contact us about this Notice or to have details of the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and with whom we record information about them. They have a legal right to these details.
They also have a right at any time to receive a copy of the information we hold about them if they apply to us in writing at 9 Thames Park, Lester Way,Wallingford,Oxon,OX10 9TA